Here is a great recipe for guacamole, with a colorful spin.
Pomegranate is one of the most delicious fruits to have this season. Plus, it’s full of antioxidants and polyphenols which support cardiovascular and overall health. It’s traditionally used as an aphrodisiac, and studies suggest it can help increase testosterone levels, leading to increased sexual desire. Pile it on while it’s in season!
- 2 avocados, scooped and cut in chunks
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 jalapeno or serrano chile pepper, de-seeded and minced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved or 2 Roma or plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- ½ of a medium red onion, diced
- 1-2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, minced
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils
Place all ingredients, except pomegranate, into a large bowl. Use a fork to mash everything together well, mashing just enough to get your desired consistency. You can use a mortar and pestle instead, if you have one. Stir in the pomegranate arils and serve.