Here is a great recipe for guacamole, with a colorful spin.
Pomegranate is one of the most delicious fruits to have this season. Plus, itâ€™s full of antioxidants and polyphenols which supportÂ cardiovascular and overall health. Itâ€™s traditionally used as an aphrodisiac, and studies suggest it can help increase testosterone levels, leading to increased sexual desire. Pile it on while itâ€™s in season!
- 2 avocados, scooped and cut in chunks
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 jalapeno or serrano chile pepper, de-seeded and minced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved or 2 Roma or plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- Â½ of a medium red onion, diced
- 1-2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, minced
- Â½ tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup pomegranateÂ arils
Place all ingredients, except pomegranate, into a large bowl. Use a fork to mash everything together well, mashing just enough to get your desired consistency. You can use a mortar and pestle instead, if you have one. Stir in the pomegranate arils and serve.