There‚Äôs no shame in being a neat freak, but you need to have your head examined if you are still using traditional cleaning products to get your home to sparkle and glow. People like Beth Greer are going to emergency rooms and finding via MRI‚Äôs that they have brain tumors partly due to their use of toxic chemicals to ‚Äėclean‚Äô their homes. This doesn‚Äôt need to be you.
There are all kinds of unpronounceable chemical toxins in cleaning fluids, sprays, powders, scrubs, and other products ‚Äď and these toxins cause what is called ‚Äúchronic exposure‚ÄĚ adding to the body‚Äôs toxic burden. These chemicals start to be stored in your tissues because you can‚Äôt expel them through normal detoxification pathways fast enough.
Just a few of the thousands of chemicals you can find in every-day cleaning supplies include:
- 2-Butoxyethanol (2-BE) ‚Äď skin and eye irritant also associated with blood disorders
- Ammonia ‚Äď can cause kidney and liver damage
- Coal Tar Derived from Petrochemicals ‚Äď linked to cancer, and nervous system damage
- MEA (monoethanalomine), DEA (diethanolamine), TEA (triethanolamine) ‚Äď react with nitrites to form carcinogenic nitrosamines
- 3000 Different Artificial Fragrances Derived from Harmful Chemicals¬†linked to brain, kidney, heart, lung, liver, reproductive System damage
- Phosphates ‚Äď Can cause harmful algae Blooms that contaminate water and are toxic to humans and animals
- Sodium Dichloroisocyanurate Dehydrate ‚Äď Eye, skin, and respiratory irritant, and can also cause kidney damage
- 100‚Äôs more. An Environmental Working Group study found that more than 53% of all cleaners studied contained health-harming compounds, many of which created well-known carcinogens like formaldehyde and chloroform.
Organic, Health-Supporting Alternatives
With a few simple ingredients including some essential oils, you can not only get rid of the carcinogenic, tumor-forming chemicals that are normally lurking in cleaning products. You can boost you and your family‚Äôs health instead by simply using the following ingredients:
Distilled white vinegar, baking soda, and one or more of the following essential oils makes a phenomenal, natural cleaner.
Deodorizing your fridge can be done with a box of baking soda, but you can also use a little lemon essential oil. Lemon is antibacterial and antiviral.
Read more HERE.