Cherie Roe Dirksen of ConsciousLifeNews.com writes:
Stewing in Your Juices
I’m normally quite a chilled person. Nothing phases me. Until…
- I take on too much work
- I get into my ‘yes’ mode and make arrangements and dates that clog my diary
- I volunteer my services willy-nilly
- My housework starts to mount
- My ‘to do’ list grows around the garden (especially as I’m trying to do the whole sustainability thing)
- I have awesome ideas but have to implement them (adding to the head clutter and time/schedule disaster)
I’m sure you can probably relate to most of the above. Then what happens is that chilled out person who thought they could take on the world in a heart beat starts to panic.
The Signs of a Meltdown
The walls of my diary close in and anxiety starts to rear its ugly head.
- Panic attacks
- Sweaty palms
- Emotional outbursts (usually involving tears)
- Temper whirlwinds
- Feeling defeated and impotent
- Losing it over the smallest things
We can experience the above on a smaller or larger scale, depending on the level of anxiety and what looms ahead.
Okay, so what can be done?
Anxiety Be Gone!
Well, I’m trying to give myself a well-deserved pep talk here ’cause I suddenly realized the other day that I was slipping off the cliff of the ‘work’ I had piled up.
Amid my darkest moment, I came to the conclusion that it was going to be done whether I fretted about it or not. And what couldn’t be done was just not going to be done. It’s really quite simple.
So, on a practical level, try to:
- Get what’s in your head down onto paper (this works a treat!)
- Now you can make a priority list
- Schedule your time wisely and you’ll find you can fit a lot into your day
- Don’t stress about how much you’ve got to do by getting tangled up in the future tasks — concentrate on the task at hand
- Read no. 4 again.
- Yip…read no. 4 and 5 again!
- As Yoda said, ‘Do or do not’ — in this context, do what you must do and stop whinging about it.
Read more HERE.
About the Author
Cherie Roe Dirksen is a self-empowerment author and multi-media artist from South Africa. To date, she has published 3 self-help and motivational books and brings out weekly inspirational blogs at her site www.cherieroedirksen.com.
If you liked this article you might also like: https://www.youwealthrevolution.com/blog/reasons-to-celebrate-you-right-now/