Seth M of ExpandedConsciousness.com writes:
When it comes to sociopaths, many people have the image of some prominent sociopathic character from a TV series, like Tony Soprano or Dexter Morgan. The truth is that these characters arenâ€™t accurate depictions of the sociopaths youâ€™ll meet in everyday life. Not every sociopath is keen on murdering people.
The scary part is that theyâ€™re likely someone who is already somewhat involved in your life, like a father, sister, aunt, a teacher at your school or even your boss. They could literally be anyone, and they like to hang out under the radar.
In fact, psychologist Martha Stout authored a book in which she states that about 1 out of every 25 Americans secretly has no conscience whatsoever. A scary prospect indeed.
Here are six signs youâ€™re dealing with a sociopath:
- They have extreme, harsh, or hurtful behaviors, and then expect you to be okay with it, or theyâ€™ll pretend as though it never really happened.
- They like to manipulate people, either directly or indirectly.
- The way they treat you is seemingly random. Some days theyâ€™re great to you, other days theyâ€™re complete jerks.
- They have no problem lying to get away with things.
- They have trouble accepting responsibility, and often shift blame onto others to avoid feeling accountable for misdoings or poor behavior.
- Sometimes it seems as though they enjoy being malicious towards others, whether itâ€™s through manipulation or just plain meanness.
Your sociopath might not fit any of these exactly, but there are steps you can take to protect yourself from any damage they might try to do to you. Here are four things you can do to shield yourself from a suspected sociopath:
- Always be on guard. Expect the unexpected. Try to figure out their pattern of behaviors if at all possible so you can be ready.
- Never confide in this person. If you need emotional support or advice, find someone else. Your vulnerability will only make you a target.
Read more HERE
About the Author
We are all one heart. One living breathing and maturing evolution of life. You are destined to grow in the process of this unfolding and we are here to give homage along your way. Here on Expanded Consciousness you’ll find inspiring stories, insightful information, and a forum to contribute to the advancement of other visitors