Have you ever walked into a room and felt theÂ negative energyÂ hit you like a ton of bricks? Or had an argument with someone and felt the tension in the air? If you are sensitive like me, then you could possibly even absorb thisÂ negative energyÂ if you donâ€™t protect yourself. Here are some ways that I use to get rid orÂ prevent negative energy.
1. Smudging. Incense are correlated with hippies in the 60â€™s, but they actually had something there. They were all about harmony, peace and love, right? Burning incense, sage, mugwort, and sandalwood sticks are tools used in North American Native Traditions, specifically those that include Shamanism. With sage in hand or whatever is your choice, go around and let the smoke get to every corner of your house. Most importantly sage yourself and donâ€™t forget to go under your feet.
In the Renaissance, courtesans even used to stand over burning sage to clear their (hooha) between men.
2. Bells. The ringing of bells is a common Feng Shui tool known to literally vibrate the negative energies into alignment, creating a positive flow. Ring the bell throughout your house or specifically where a negative situation happened.
Raising your glasses and â€śclinkingâ€ť them was originated in the Middle Ages when they believed that alcoholic drinks actually contained spirits and the â€śclinkingâ€ť of the glasses was thought to rid the alcohol of any spirits, making it safe to drink.
3. Salt water baths. Ever notice how happy surfers are or people living by the ocean? Maybe itâ€™s because they are cleared from negative energy on a regular basis by the ocean water. If you donâ€™t have access to the ocean, take a bath. Get a handful of unprocessed sea salt. Donâ€™t use table salt! Set an intention to release all negativity while you are soaking and notice how amazing cleansing your body and aura make you feel.
4. Crystals. There are so many different types of crystals to help dispel, absorb, and remove negative energy. You can wear them as jewelry or keep them in your home. Some of my favorite are Amethyst, Chlorite in Quartz, and Citrine.
5. Cutting Cords. We all have these invisible attachments to everyone in our lives, they are called cords. Imagine a cord literally attached to everyone you have ever known. Have you ever noticed that as soon as you start to date again after a bad relationship, the bad ex calls? I always say he must of felt his cord retracting, because I was cutting the cord by moving on. We all carry these negative cords from past relationships, some that are very negative. Visualizing your cords retracting on these negative relationships is one way to get your power back, but a good old pair of scissors can do the trick too! It may seem ridiculous, but with real or (invisible hand scissors) cut the invisible cords that may have negative attachments. By literally making the physical motion of cutting the cords you are able to start the process of release.
6. Protect yourself. The best tool I use is to imagine a force field around my entire body. I like to imagine them being mirrors facing outward. Kind of like the grade school term, whatever you say to me, bounces off of me and sticks to you like glue. I especially love this for kids. To teach them to protect themselves from negative energy at an early age. I always tell my son that, the bugs always go to the light.
With these tools you can help yourself and your family be protected andÂ repel negative energy.
About The Author:
Jesse Golden is a devoted Mother, Holistic Health Practitioner, Yoga Teacher and creator of The Golden Secrets Blog, App and Essential Oil. She inspires people through her own life experiences. Sharing her secrets to staying healthy, strong, happy and beautiful from the inside out. She is a born light worker, here to spread love and light with her “Golden Touch.”
If you enjoyed this article, you may also be interested in:Â https://www.youwealthrevolution.com/blog/stillness/